Application Specialist - MPG Division
We are seeking a highly motivated, self-starter to be an Application Specialist for Manufactured Products Group. The ideal applicant will be multi-talented, and able to be organize and complete tasks promptly.
- Create concept drawings and customer quotations.
- Lend technical support to the sales staff which includes the following:
- Travelling to customer sites to do field measurements for projects and or quotes.
- Travelling to customer sites to lend technical support to sales staff in project line-ups, and or sales meetings.
- Lending technical support to the parts order department.
- Open quote log management.
- Keep a running log of all open quotes and follow up periodically on if quotes are open or closed.
- Material forecasting for upcoming work.
- Keep up on happenings with suppliers as to new offerings and services to assist with the MPG offerings.
- Attend distributor meetings.
Required Education and Experience:
- Required high school diploma or equivalent. Preferred Associates degree in Business or Engineering.
- A minimum of 3 years of industry or related technical experience.
- Strong skills using desktop applications (spreadsheets, word processing, AutoCAD, Visual).
- Previous experience estimating and writing proposals preferred but not mandatory.
- Practical working knowledge of material handling systems, aluminum extrusion, mechanical designs, and process logistics.